Today. I learned a new thing. A new story in my life that teaches me about how much a friend or friends are worth for us. It was back in last August when I was in the translation between alive and death. I survived on that occasion and I found that if I died on that time it wouldn't be anyone come to my cremation and I would die without doing any good in this world because I have no friends. Since then, I started a new cycle of my life. I changed my pen to write the new part of my life. I found some "new " friends who are actually old.
Back to today's story. I had a really bad schedule examination. This is a final of the year. If I failed, I had to come back one month earlier than anyone else. It was so stressful because I had a double module exam the day before. I finished the exam at 1pm. I couldn't manage my head anymore and decided to relieve it on the bed for 2 hours. For your information, I slept for 2 hours also on the day before the exam. After that 2 hours, I started my journey to fight for my pride but as time goes by it didn't work well. Many hours have been spent and I could only finish a third of 39 lectures. It ended up in full frustration on my head as I realized I had only 5 hours to go before I departed to the battlefield. I wanted to cry because I finished 13 lectures in 8 hours but it wasn't enough to do a good job. Then, I was looking for a support from my friend. The closest friends are my classmates who were suffering the same thing as me on that time. I thought we could keep praising and giving spirit each other and help to build belief and spirit to bounce before the sun rose. However, none of my friends replied after about 30 minutes. I was so disappointed by them. All of them!! But I realized that I don't come from their country. Because as I know, in my country, whatever it takes, we help each other even in exams. Haha. I was then even down deeper and deeper as I couldn't even understand English language straight away as I use it in daily activity. I was so frustrating and stressful.
Suddenly, it was like an enlightenment for me. I was lying on the bed, inside my duvet and with paper in front of my eyes, I remembered of my friends. Friends who are always there for me! Friends who don't care about distance! Friends who think my problems are theirs too! I started telling my friends about my condition by sms. I sent it to my younger sister first. The second one was Doreen Nicky Osantana in Singapore. The third was Winna Edwina followed by Gracia Kurniawan. Both are in Indonesia. The last but not least is Gracia Lityo in US! Could you see it? From East to West. From sun rises to sun sets, my friends are ready to listen to me. They are my true friends. Look at the message they sent to me to bounce me back to be a brave heart guy.
My lovely younger sister, Merlyn Wongso, said:
Just look through it, Bro! Don't push too hard. It is only 4 hours left. It's better for you to get some rest and DON'T GIVE UP!
My soulmate in Singapore, Doreen Nicky Osantana, said:
Tsk. Tsk. Dear, Please don't (give up). Do your best! If you couldn't then it's okay. At least you've given your best!
My all time best friend from US, Anastasia Gracia Lityo, said:
Vyn. Oh, Vyn! Come on! Raise yourself! I encourage you from far far away! Haha! Hang on there, Vyn! You can do it! I'll help you in pray.
My newest best friend, Gracia Purnami Kurniawan, said:
Don't do that, vyn! We mustn't give up before we try. Believe it. If we hadn't finished, there are a lot of others who hadn't too. Anyway, Vyn, exam depends on luck also. Who knows the lecturer would ask questions from the part you read. At least we tried first. If we failed, then repeat it. If we didn't sit the exam, we would still have to repeat. Give it a try first. Who knows? JIA YOU!
My newest best friend, Lidwina Winna Edwina, said:
Why, vyn? Study your best, don't be too stress first. Come on! Come on! Be Enthusiastic! Just maximize what you have covered, don't think about the stress. Make sure you understand what you have read! Come on! You can do it!
I REALLY REALLY WANNA SAY MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL THE ABOVE. I just can't see how much I owe you all. All of you have given me what I needed and you all are my best friends from now and forever. What you gave to me was really meaningful. My spirit was boosted up after receiving all your messages. I decided to finish as many as I can. I decided not to lose before the war ends. I decided not to give up before I had run out of weapons and therefore I should bring as many missiles as possible into the battlefield. I decided not to sleep and not to eat and not to get up from my bed before I finished at least half of the module. I kept shouting and shouting to myself. I read messages from you again and again. However, before the preparation for the war started, suddenly, I remembered a song name "Friends Forever (Graduation)" by Vitamin C. It was the song who gave me the spirit and belief that I had to move on but I will still always have my friends together with me when I graduated from my Junior High School. It was in June 2004 when I graduated from SLTP Santa Maria Juanda and in the Graduation Day, I and some of my classmates performed a dance with this songs. Gracia Lityo was our class reps. Winna and I were in the group but we weren't paired up. To be honest, I did want to dance with her. Hahaha. This song always reminds me about the time we had together in 3C SanMar 2004 batch. Helping each other inside and outside. 2004, it was simply the best ever year in my life. So, I looked after this song in imeem and I found it! I used imeem so I could repeat it again and again. This song gave me a burning of spirit. It burned me from the hair to the feet. I grabbed my notes, beat it one by one and I did it from the toughest! When the alarm clock rang and told me it was 6 AM, I was already half way through the module!!! I kept my spirit boiled and I boiled it again till 200 Centi Degree. I reached it and by 7.30 AM I was already two third of the module. I took a shower. I wore my clothes. I prayed. I sang this song once. I sang 'I WILL SURVIVE' by CAKE once. I departed to college. I sat for my exam. I came out from the battlefield. I smiled. I ate my first food in 2 days. I went home. I arrived at home and here I am! I am writing this and can't think what is better to do now than making a TRIBUTE for all you.
Arigatou Merlyn!
Danke Doreen!
Thank you Caca!
Xie Xie Gracia!
Grazie Winna! You are really an angel!
I owe you for this one because what you gave me become more meaningful as I could manage to answer most of the questions pretty well. I love you, my friends. Please take this song as my TRIBUTE to you and FRIENDS FOREVER!
FRIENDS FOREVER (GRADUATION) by VITAMIN C
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real blue
Stay at home talking on the telephone
We would get so excited and we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever
So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever
We will still be friends forever
Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever
... and we will still be friends forever even if the sun sets and never rises again. I'll always be there for you as you were there for me today. FRIENDS FOREVER.
Today's quote: there is nothing more than meaningful and priceless in this world than friends
... and time to sleep for me before facing a new battle tomorrow.
Au Revoir.
With Love,
el dios
No comments:
Post a Comment